Dispensary Manager – Albuquerque, NM
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38,000.00 – $42,000.00 per year
General Description and Duties:
Manages a full-service cannabis dispensary with duties including but not limited to:
- Management of all day-to-day operations of the dispensary in accordance with the State of New Mexico and standards set by Sacred Garden.
- Coordinates with the Management to ensure accurate information is communicated to dispensary staff.
- Handles all financial transactions and processes on a timely basis in accordance with standards and processes set forth by the Financial Services Specialist and/or management.
- Management of employees through day-to-day operations; responsible for the overall profitability of the dispensary.
- Responsible for scheduling, training, providing policy and procedure updates, keeping updated with industry news and product information.
- Provides guidance and support to all staff.
- Responds to all patient/customer complaints, requests, concerns, suggestions and acts, when necessary, to resolve conflicts.
- Follows established Sacred Garden policies and procedures, contributes to the development of new concepts, policies and procedures as necessary to perform job duties and tasks.
- Works directly with the Marketing Director to keep online menus and ordering apps updated and accurate.
- Review and verify employee timecards for accuracy.
- works directly with the Warehouse Manager and Retail Director on inventory and ordering.
- Provide ongoing training and support to personnel to increase revenue and drive growth.
- Prepare and control the store’s budget to minimize expenditures and maximize efficiency.
- Oversee inventory and purchases to ensure they are within budget and minimize loss.
- Maintain processes for patient experience, customer service, POS, and inventory handling practices.
- Works directly with the Director of IT to ensure all computers and electronic devices are working properly.
- Adequately and strategically apply weekly and special discounts.
- Assure quality control standards are strictly adhered to.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
Recommended Experience and Education
- Two years of experience in a retail position with managerial responsibilities, preferably in the cannabis industry.
- Bachelors or Associate Degree (preferably in Business Administration, management, or a related field).
Recommended Knowledge and Skills
- Detailed Knowledge Proficiency in Windows based software and point of sale applications.
- Must be familiar with New Mexico medical cannabis policy and law.
- Extensive knowledge of Bio Track THC preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment.
- Accurate data entry and record keeping.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Effective time management and ability to multitask.
- General knowledge of basic arithmetic, conversion of metric to standard measurements;
- General knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- General knowledge of computers such as word processing, basic spreadsheets and file use.
- Basic use and knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar and punctuation.
- Retail Point-Of-Sale Experience preferred.
- Leadership – Thorough knowledge of leading through influence and persuasion by establishing mutual trust, respect, and loyalty, through shared beliefs, values, and goals; being cognizant of subordinates’ needs, goals, and aspirations, and to carefully consider these personal variables when making decisions.
- Management – Thorough knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Accounting – Good Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), financial and banking analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Production and Processing – Some knowledge of materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques used for maximizing the effective distribution and sales of goods and products.
- Leadership – Displaying attributes that make employees willing to follow; applying effort to increase productivity in areas needing the most improvement; establishing a spirit of cooperation and cohesion for achieving goals; making the right things happen on time; providing performance feedback, coaching, and career development to individuals to maximize their probability of success; giving subordinates the authority to get things accomplished in the most efficient and timely manner.
- Speaking – Talking with others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternatives solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Monitoring – Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Negotiation – Ability to bring others together to try to negotiate and reconcile differences.
- Reading Comprehension – Thorough understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Learning – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Complex Problem Solving – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to pass both national and state background checks;
- Must be able to pass HIPAA Exam;
- Must possess a current, valid Food Handler Certificate;
- Must pass required sexual harassment training course;
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.;
- Must work in an office and retail setting to include sitting/standing for extended periods.
Your resume and information will be reviewed by our hiring managers and you may be contacted to set up further discussions and a possible interview depending on future hiring needs.